Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Overcoming Myself

So it has been a year since I last posted in this blog.  A lot has happened in a year.  But something I've been realizing is that I lack self control. I suppose that I always have.  But I realized how this affects every single part of my life.  From how I relate to myself to how I relate to others.  So my current prayer is that the Lord helps me to gain control over myself.  I know that I can't do this alone. I need God's to help me achieve it.  I am currently eating low carb to lose weight and I have as of today lost 38 lbs.  I have a long way to go because I want to lose 126 total. God has helped me to get this far I know He will help me get the rest of the way. But I need big help in overcoming myself completely.  While writing in my prayer journal this morning I realized how often I"ve caused other pains but was so caught up in myself that I didn't see their pain as much as see the pain they may have caused me.  Putting others before yourself is a crazy hard thing to do.  But starting today I really hope that the Lord sees fit to bless me with the graces I need to get myself under control.  And think less of myself and more of those around me.

I have also decided that I want to publish my poetry and some kids books I have written.  My poetry is not so great but it speaks what is in my heart so I want to share it.  The kids books I need my husband to draw the artwork for and since he's not so keen on doing that they may not see the light of day for a while.  But I'm going to have to self publish which will mean that I have to overcome my spending to be able to achieve that goal.  With God I can accomplish anything.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment